Friday, July 31, 2015

Thank you

I just want to take a minute to thank everyone for all of the support and well wishes. It is amazing how many people are following our story and I hope it will reach someone that is about to endure the same situation and they can get some comfort in knowing they are not alone.
I want to thank a few people personally.
Dr. Mahajan (and the ultrasound tech) - our OB. Thank you for questioning one of the many pictures of his heart. If you hadn't caught it we wouldn't have our sweet boy right now. You literally saved his life. If we had not known about this and delivered in oswego by the time his PDA (hole in heart they are born with that needed to stay open for Logan to have oxygenated blood) closed and they realized something was wrong it would have been too late. CPR wouldn't have saved him and he wouldn't have made the transport. We are beyond grateful for you and your team that caught this. I will think of you for years to come, whenever I get to hold my Logan it will be because of you. Thank you.
Mat and Carol, Jakes parents, thank you so much for all of your support and love throughout our journey. Thank you for watching Corbin for us so that we could be together with Logan. Thank you for your continuous help between being in Rochester to help us with Corbin and always being there if we need anything at all. Thank you for letting us use your vehicle to go back and forth, instead of using our second vehicle with no AC. We appreciate everything beyond words and can never thank you enough. Thank you Mat for continuing on working on our addition while we were away. Along with Ryan Turner and Nate Grey.. we cannot tell you how thankful we are that you took time out of your busy lives to help build our house while we weren't even around.
To my mom Sue, thank you for watching Corbin when we needed you too and allowing Jake and I be together with Logan. You have no idea how much it helps us and takes the weight off of our shoulders. Also, thank you for taking care of Kiya for us while we are away. I know she can be a handful sometimes but we are forever grateful that she is somewhere that we don't have to worry about her and we know she is well taken care of. Thank you for all of your love and support throughout our journey.
Amber, where to begin? You are incredible. I know we've thanked you a million times but it will never be enough. You came to us in a time of need and we can never repay you. You took such a stress off of our shoulders words cannot describe our appreciation. It was so nice to know that Corbin was so well taken care of while we were gone. I cannot think of anyone else that would have done what you did. I owe you the world and then some. I love you with all of my heart. You are the greatest friend and person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Syracuse NICU, thank you for taking care of our little Logan before he was transfered to Rochester. You nurses are amazing, each and every one we encountered were professional and empathetic.
Dr. Alfieris, of course we are forever greatful for your steady hands while during surgery. Thank you for getting on your knee and talking to us like human beings. I loved that you called later in the day for an update on how he was doing. It shows that you truly care about your patients. I know he will need future surgeries and I am completely confident in handing him over to you. Just handle him gently, he has half my heart.
Nurses and doctors in the PCICU at Rochester; you are all so incredible. It is just amazing to us how educated you all are and how calm and professional you are in all situations. You really helped my husband and I keep our cool and feel confident that Logan is going to be okay.
To Jacob's work crew, thank you. Your gift was truly unexpected and helped us immensely. We were able to breath easier knowing we had extra help. We were touched by your thoughtfulness and we are forever grateful.
Jake, you are my rock. My everything. I knew we had a solid relationship before this, but now I know nothing can break us. You are an incredible person, friend, husband and especially father. I cannot imagine going through this roller-coaster with anyone but you. Your optimism balances with my pessimism and keeps me grounded. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through and I don't know if I would have been able to without you. I love you so much. I am beyond grateful that I have you by my side and I know I can always count on you. We have the luckiest boys in the world because you are their father. The love in your eyes when you look at them just makes me fall in love with you more and more everyday. Thank you for all you do for us. I could go on and on, but I won't, I will show you everyday how thankful I am for you. For the rest of my days. I love you.
To everyone that has followed and shared our story. Thank you, thank you for spreading awareness of CHD. I have received emails from people all over the country thanking me for my blog and that it has helped them and their upcoming journeys with CHD. I am so happy that I can help people, even if it is just one person, with our story. We will be calling on you all again when we have our next surgery to help us share our story. Thank you so much!
Thank you to everyone else that has said a kind word, checked in on us, made us dinner or just sent a text to say hello. We are overwhelmed with all of the love everyone has shown us. We are forever grateful to have such amazing friends and family. Thank you everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to all of you- but especially you Shannon you are a strong woman- continued prayers hugs and support for you and your family -

    ReplyDelete